Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Haymarket

Haymarket. One of my favorite things to do in Boston, especially in the winter.  It's basically a very large farmers market and seafood.  Year around Friday and Saturday from  dawn to dusk you can have just about any kind of produce and herbs you could want. The prices are awesome.

Although here is my disclaimer - don't always buy the very cheapest produce.  Sometimes there is a reason as to why it's the cheapest it's ok to be picky! Make sure you're getting the best.
Location is on Blackstone street sandwiched in between Faneuil hall and the North End. It's cash only. Don't forget a back pack or something to carry all of your produce home in. 

To make the day even better? Leave some cash left for a canoli at Mike's Pastry. Yumm!

2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering. I want a canoli now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! You've captured what I love about Haymarket - the variety. I used to take my kids there when they were visiting town, to show them the variety of produce and fish that were available (the produce smelled much better, however ; )

    ReplyDelete