Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kimballs



this is a KIDDIE CONE -- for reals!



















If you like ice cream, you need to visit Kimball Farm.  There are 4 locations now (Carlile, Westford, Lancaster, and Jaffrey, NH).  I live closest to Carlile so that's the one I frequent.  The homemade ice cream is delicious, the scoops are generous (big!), and the prices are reasonable.  I've had friends visit and on the way to Kimballs they've said, "You drive THIS far to get an ice cream cone?"  My reply is--just wait!  It's a tradition to go with friends the night of Patriots Day and we often go to Kimballs for our "farewell" parties for friends moving from the area.  The kids LOVE running around the grassy area behind the building, climbing the tree and seeing a few farm animals.  If you haven't gone yet -- GO!

P.S.  Cash only.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I was far from home last week and happened upon a Kimballs by accident (lucky day)
    I stopped there all by myself and had YUMMY clam chowder...and then timed the drive home because I want to take my kids back. It was probably 45 minutes, but I'd do it again....worth the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a blast! That ice cream looks YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete